READ MORE HERE
Ayurvedic treatment for back pain involves medications that strike the problem at its root and external therapies such as medicated massage to relieve pain and bring rejuvenation.
Pain while walking, sitting, driving ?
Restricted movements ?
Numbness while long duration standing or sitting ?
How Ayurmana Can Help You!
- Pain is managed really well with therapies and medicines
- Stiffness reduction promotes mobility
- Back strengthening therapies for pain and stiffness
- Coupled with integrated services for toning of muscle
- Proper follow-up advise for long lasting results
Back and Neck Pain
Spine related issues definitely cripple a person. The Spine is the main foundation on which the whole body stands. What we mostly come across are spine issues due to a sedentary lifestyle.
We have muscles inserted between each vertebra. These muscles when toned act as shock absorbers. They keep the spine in place and thereby help the spine stay erect. Good or bad, man is the only erect animal in this world and we have to take the advantages and disadvantages of it. We haven’t heard of any other animal suffering from disc prolapse or hernia. Gravity pulls everything down and obviously, the spine is also pulled down. But strong and toned soft tissues keep it in place and prevent it from prolapsing. Any injury or jerk will lead to the prolapse of the spine. An extended abdomen will also bend the spine forwards.
Disc prolapse at different levels, cervical or lumbar (most common) can also be handled by surgery if it is due to some injury. But otherwise the prolapse would have happened due to poor lifestyle. Surgery is not an option. If strengthening of the soft tissues is not done, the next joint will prolapse.
Our treatment focuses on strengthening and toning the muscles and soft tissues. Proper follow-up and mild to moderate life style changes is definitely the right way of handling spine issues.
A few of the common traditional Ayurvedic treatment patterns for back pain or lumbago includes :
- Lepam – Application of herbal paste.
- Abhyangam – Oil massage.
- Kizhi – Application of warm herbal compress
- Kadi vasthy – Retention of oil on Back.
- Pizhichil – Drizzling of medicated oil from a particular height
- Upanaham – Poultice or bandages.
- Virechanam – Purgation or laxative therapy.
- Vasthy – Enema therapy